HEALTH and Child Care minister David Parirenyatwa yesterday shot down Registrar-General Tobaiwa Mudede’s suggestions urging the populace to shun contraceptives. Parirenyatwa also defended his position that condoms should be placed in Bibles and distributed in churches.
AN 18-YEAR-OLD man from the Matjinge area of Plumtree yesterday stunned the Bulawayo Magistrates’ Court when he claimed that his sister seduced him to be intimate with her. The man is accused of raping his sister, but he told Bulawayo Regional Court magistrate Mark Dzira that he found her in his blankets making sexual moves when he returned from taking a bath
Rape advocacy campaign Blow the Whistle says every 36 seconds someone is raped in SA and therefore 74,400 women will be raped in August. But is it accurate? Researched by Kate Wilkinson “More than 45,000 South African women raped so far this month,” reads the chilling headline of a Times LIVE article published on August 20.
UBH Chief Executive Officer Nonhlanhla Ndlovu and Health and Child Care Minister Dr David Parirenyatwa Auxilia Katongomara/Sifundiso Ndlovu Chronicle Reporters— PANIC spread through a major Bulawayo hospital after a cross-border truck driver with symptoms of the deadly Ebola fever was admitted on Tuesday. The 52-year-old driver, thought to be Zambian, was in transit from South Africa to Zambia when he fell ill and was rushed to the United Bulawayo Hospitals, where he was reportedly put in isolation. Hospital sources said the patient drives trucks across Central and Southern Africa, through countries that include the Democratic Republic of Congo, Botswana, South Africa and Zambia. In the worst outbreak of the haemorrhagic Ebola fever on record, the disease has killed 1,426 of the 2,615 people who have contracted the virus in West Africa, mostly in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia.
A BULAWAYO man accused of a sex attack on a married woman from his church suffered a setback yesterday after a magistrate turned down his application to dismiss the rape charges. Hudson Mazonde, last week through his lawyer Robinson Mahachi, applied for a discharge at the end of the State’s case and a verdict of not guilty stating that he had consensual sex with an adulterous woman who was now framing him to save her marriage. Regional magistrate Chrispen Mberewere, however, said Mazonde must be put on his defence. “After deliberating on what state witnesses said and what the defence alleges, this court concluded that it is important to go to the defence’s case.
Sports Reporter INTERNATIONAL football match-fixer Wilson Raj Perumal has revealed he worked closely with Zifa authorities between 2001-2009 in the Asiagate scam, likening his relationship with Zimbabwean players and officials to “two hands prepared to clap’’. Perumal made the remarks in an exclusive interview with CNN which was beamed across the globe yesterday. The current Zifa leadership banned players and officials for their role in the match-fixing scandal in which the Warriors were paid to fix matches on several trips to the Far East and the association’s probe team also identified Perumal as the mastermind behind the scandal
By Godknows Matarutse Newly appointed How Mine coach Luke Masomere says he is not under any pressure ahead of his first match in charge of the Bulawayo gold miners against Dynamos this weekend. Luke Masomere Masomere, who was unveiled Chikurupati gaffer yesterday to replace Philani “Beefy” Ncube, will begin his new reign with a clash against DeMbare in the semi-final of the One Wallet Cup this weekend at Mandava Stadium. The former AmaZulu, Masvingo United, Shabanie Mine and Dynamos coach resigned from Mutare-based Buffaloes on Monday to sign a four month contract with How Mine with an option of extension after the end of season