8 school kids from Murombedzi hospitalised after eating ‘poisoned’ lunch

HARARE – Eight learners from Matoranhembe Primary School in Murombedzi, Mashonaland West, were hospitalised after consuming what police suspect was poisoned food which had been brought by one of their classmates.

Police said the children started vomiting while complaining of stomach pains after eating rice and soup which had been packed by a parent and served with strict instructions.

It is alleged that the parent prepared two lunch boxes, and gave the child instructions on how to share the food.

National police spokesman Commissioner Paul Nyathi said: “The Zimbabwe Republic Police is conducting investigations in connection with a case of suspected food poisoning which occurred at Matoranhembe Primary School, Murombedzi, on June 7, 2024.

“Eight pupils allegedly started vomiting while complaining of stomach pains after they had consumed rice and soup which had been packed in a lunch box. The pupils were ferried to Murombedzi Rural Hospital for treatment.”

Nyathi said investigations carried out by the police revealed that a fellow school pupil brought the lunch box which contained home prepared food after being given two lunch boxes by their mother.

The parent allegedly gave her instructions on how to share the food, which has raised police suspicions that the food in one of the lunch tins had been deliberately laced with poison.

The post 8 school kids from Murombedzi hospitalised after eating ‘poisoned’ lunch appeared first on Zimbabwe News Now.

Enjoyed this post? Share it!

 

Leave a comment