HARARE – Two infants aged 7 months and 2 years were weekend burnt to death in two separate home fire incidents that happened in Harare and Shamva, respectively.
Police revealed the tragic incidents via their official Twitter handle Monday.
“The ZRP reports a sad incident which occurred in Mbare, Harare, on 30/09/22 at around 2000 hours were a 7 months old female infant died while the mother was severely burnt after the room they were sleeping caught fire after they forgot to switch off a candle light,” police said.
“In a similar incident, a 2-year-old boy was burnt beyond recognition when a thatched hut he was sleeping in caught fire on 01/10/22 at Chemhanza village, Shamva.
“The fire was started by three juveniles aged between 9 and 10 who were playing at Chiwororo Village, Shamva.”
Meanwhile, two women were weekend also found dead in two mysterious incidents that happened in Banket and Harare.
Police are treating the first incident as murder.
Said police, “The ZRP is investigating a suspected murder case in which the body of a 21-year-old female adult was found lying in a bush at Glen Luice Farm, Banket, on 01/10/22. The victim reportedly went missing on 24/09/22 after she went for shopping in Banket and did not come back.
“In another case, the Police is investigating a case where a body of an unknown female adult was found floating in a stream close to Long Cheng Plaza, Harare, on 01/10/22. The victim was wearing a black floral dress.”