Two minors, aged 4 and 6, electrocuted

By Staff Reporter

HARARE – In a sad incident, two infants aged 4 and 6 years, died at home in Harare on Monday after being electrocuted.

Police attributed the tragedy to the minors’ contact with a refrigerator which reportedly had an electrical fault.

“The Zimbabwe Republic Police confirms a sad incident in which Junior Makwindi (4) and Tinotenda Tineyi Maketo (6) were electrocuted whilst sleeping in a room at a house in Kuwadzana 5, Harare on 19 February 2024,” police spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi confirmed the incident in a statement Tuesday.

“Preliminary investigations by the police have revealed that the victims were electrocuted after getting in contact with an upright refrigerator which had an electrical fault,” Nyathi said.

The incident follows the death of four Harare juveniles aged between 3 and 4 died on 15 February 2024 through suspected suffocation after they closed themselves inside a parked vehicle at a house in Hopely.

They were named as Allen Busiri, 3, Anotidaishe Mutize, 4, Ashley Matowe, 3, and Kudakwashe Tsuro, 3.

The post Two minors, aged 4 and 6, electrocuted first appeared on Zimbabwe News Now.

Enjoyed this post? Share it!